THE PARTIES HEREBY AGREE AS TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. To act together to rationalize the use and application of the parties´ resources in all relevant activities;
2. To strengthen the parties´ capacity for action concerning third parties, exploring opportunities for joint actions;
3. To share information of mutual interest and encourage representatives from both countries to observe each other´s activities so that both sides could learn;
4. To promote high quality professional practice as well as the current codes of ethics for the architecture and urbanism in both countries;
5. To exchange information regarding the rules applied to the profession, the professional practice, the value of the design and the construction in both countries;
6. To encourage studies on the reciprocity of the regulatory conditions of the Architecture and Urbanism profession, as well as promote the exchange of professionals from both countries, in accordance with the local legislation in force;
7. To strenghten collaboration with international organizations such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations (UN), the World Trade Organization (WTO), the International Labour Organization (ILO), the International Union of Architects (UIA), the International Committee for Documentation and Conservation of Buildings, Sites and Neighbourhoods of the Modern Movement (DOCOMOMO) and others, whenever appropriate.
8. To make efforts to ratificate and promote the basic principles of professionalism as per UIA Accord on Recommended International Standards of Professionalism in Architectural Practice;
9. To strive for the ratification and promotion of consistent criteria for professional qualification as well as education programs based on international standards, according to the Charter UNESCO/UIA for Architectural Education;
10. To encourage the exchange of knowledge through publications, seminars, exhibitions, conferences and exchange programs;
11. To develop political actions to influence opinion former and policymakers to create better standards and conditions for the spread of relevant quality architecture.